2/23/24

My Spin - Spring Training 2/22/24

 


Bob Nightingale of USA Today graded the Mets off-season with an F+


The shutting down of Kodai Senga will be filled with one of the non-prospects that will remain to open at either Syracuse or Binghamton. 

Senga.-

"At this point, I'm not gonna be able to perform at the highest level so giving it a little time is the right move. "

The pool will consist of Tylor Megill, Joey Lucchesi, and Jose Butto with my guess being Megill. 

Could even see him slotted into SP1 to keep the original rotation slots for the other starters in place.


Luis Guillorme says he continues to be Gang texted by Tomas Nido, saying "I just can't shake this guy"


Ronny Mauricio -

"I think this is one of those learning lessons that I can take advantage of..."

He will not rule out a return this season.

I can't see how one full year of progression of guys like Jett Williams or Luisangel Acuña can help him, but if this how he really feels then God Bless.


This is my last pre-ST game post for the season.

I will be traveling Friday to Florida which will prevent one more post.

Beginning Monday, I will participate with Tom, Paul, and Malaysian Reese in a new series of secondary Mets prospect profiles.

15 comments:

D J said...

Mack,
We will look forward to those prospects reports.I think the Mets prospects have the potential for a very bright future.

bill metsiac said...

You sound like you're rejuvenated, Mack! And getting younger by the day. Keep those good vibes going.🙋‍♂️

Gary Seagren said...

Looking forward to it.

Rds 900. said...

Keep up the good work.

Tom Brennan said...

Scott opening day SP1. AAA is overrated.

Imagine if the Mets had signed Amed Rosario instead of Bader to play the outfield? Rosario seems to be a little bit better hitter lose out in the outfield unless Rosario applied himself he’s fast and has a strong. You save yourself 9 million bucks. You put that 9 million bucks towards signing JD Martinez. You should be an instant playoff contender then, oh yeah, except for Sanga. Being out for an indeterminate period of time. His injury feels just like the crap that was happening last year, as we watched the season, slowly revolve down the bowl.

bill metsiac said...

I replied to this issue on Reese's thread, below.

Anonymous said...

100 loss season for Cohens millions of $?

TexasGusCC said...

Mack, why are Anonymous entries still allowed?

Mack Ade said...

On the road without my computer

Will change it when I get home Monday morning

bill metsiac said...

Very good question, Gus! All of us who choose to be anonymous (my name isn't really Metsiac!) already are by choosing handles that are recognizable without revealing "secrets".
If the "anonymous " posters write something here, we don't know which one we're reading/responding to.

If they can't/ won't use a Macksmets identity, they shouldn't post here at all.

Tom Brennan said...

I read that the surgeon who operated on his ACL was trained by the ACLU.

Mack Ade said...

Agree

In Florida hotel

Will fix on Monday morning

Rds 900. said...

I agree that Anonymous postings should not be allowed. Stick with my predictions that the Mets will have a good year.

Lou said...

Vientos,MeGill,maybe Baty a lot can happen.

Anonymous said...

I doubt they lose 100 games but without Senga 70 wins might be hard.