5/31/09

Help Jim Duquette Fight Daughter's Heath Issues




From Adam Rubin:


Late in a trying 2004 season with the Mets, Jim Duquette was dealing with far greater issues. The week before he gave way to Omar Minaya as GM, Duquette's daughter Lindsey was hospitalized with serious health issues that had Duquette spending his evenings bedside at The Children's Hospital at Montefiore. Lindsey still is dealing with kidney trouble, and the Duquettes are trying to raise funds. Please read Lindsey's first-person story and consider making a pledge:
From Lindsay:
Hi. My name is Lindsey and I am a seven-year-old first-grader. I was diagnosed with nephrotic syndrome one day when I was 2½ years old and on my way to a baseball game. No one knows what causes my kidney to malfunction, and it happened to me “out of nowhere." There is still no cure. Over the past five years, I have been in and out of the hospital over 20 times. The worst was for 10 weeks straight. I’m taking 14 meds per day and they have continued to hurt my bones. I’m still home-schooled most of the year because my immune system is so low, but I’m also making progress because of your prayers and the help of an experimental drug that I took recently. It’s through your continued contributions that the doctors have a chance to find a cure and make my future brighter. Please donate whatever you can to help me and other kids like me. Thank you!! Love, Lindsey

No comments: