10/23/12

2013 Draft – Q and A – OF/P – Clint Frazier – Loganville H.S. (GA)


Mack – Hey everybody, we’re talking today to the hottest player to come out of summer ball this ‘season’, Loganville High School’s (GA) own, OF/P Clint Frazier. Hey Clint, are you still “travelling’?

Clint - No sir, I'm back in school - I had to miss a couple of days to do the Perfect Game All-American & Under Armour All-America game .

Mack – You made quite a name for yourself this summer. Was it fun listening to your future bank account fill up J

Clint - Who knows what will happen - if I didn't help myself for the draft, then hopefully I bettered myself, enabling me to have a successful future while playing college baseball.

Mack – I like to ask everyone the same question. Could you take us back to the day someone first put either a baseball or bat in your hands and take us through the steps that have gotten you to this point.

PG - Clint Frazier is a 2013 OF/3B with a 6-0 190 lb. frame from Loganville, GA who attends Loganville HS. Extremely strong tightly wound body, 100% quick twitch fiber. Right handed hitter, straight stance, short rock back load, late quick hand hitch to start swing, extraordinary bat speed, very short swing arch, plus/plus raw power without length or effort, patient hitter who sees the ball and explodes on it. 6.42 runner, former third baseman now in the outfield, centerfield tools, has had a tender arm but still showed plus raw arm strength. Five-tool talent and can use them. Good student, verbal commitment to Georgia.

Clint - My mom is who got me started on baseball, actually - she would take me out to the front yard & throw Wiffle balls to me, I would use a yellow playmate bat that was twice my size - I started playing recreational baseball at 3 years old, so it was very early for me - I played year round baseball for Mountain Park - that's pretty much how I got started.

Mack – I’m sure the reporter world has opened up to you now and everyone wants a piece of the new kid on the block. How are you staying focused coming up on your last season in high school?

Loganville –Grayson Patch - Clint Frazier from Loganville High School and Austin Meadows from Grayson High School were given top billing at the Under Armour All American Baseball Game at Wrigley Field in Chicago this past weekend and, by all accounts, continued making their mark on the national stage. According to John Manual, writing for baseballamerica.com, “Meadows and Frazier were the two most anticipated players in the game and didn’t disappoint.” Manuel reported that the way the American team won the 2012 Under Armour All-America Classic will be remembered, "thanks to Meadows and Frazier."

Clint - I'm just trying to stay focused on the team as a whole and not on just myself - we won a state championship last season, so the expectations of winning another one are there - so, with all that being said; I'm focusing on team goals & not just my own.

Mack – There’s some serious baseball coming out of your county, what with your school and Grayson. MaxPrep has the Red Devils 23rd in the nation while the Rams are 11th in the state. How many radar guns are behind the plate on that game J ?

Clint – The Grayson Rams deserve to be #1 in the state - they are bringing back pretty much everybody from last year & they made it to the final four with a junior loaded team - we actually play one another during the season, so I'm sure that there will be a few scouts in the stands for that game - they'll be there for Austin (Meadows), of course.

Mack – Clint, this was fun and I thank you. You didn’t have to do this. I’m going to check back in with you mid-season to see how things are going. Have a great season.

 

1 comment:

Chris said...

That's it! If you already knew how to send a common email, you already know 90% of the process of faxing from a computer. The Online Fax Service or Number Solution? Online fax is also a smart way to make your business more competitive, especially if your company relies upon faxing to gather clients/sales or to communicate with employees. The question that comes to your mind then will be...