10/27/12

Mailbox - Mack Running The Team


Hey Mack.

 I've been following your site for a couple years now and wanted to let you know I love it. As a die hard fan like you, it's been a tough couple years but reading on your site has still made being a fan fun. Despite the awful ownership which has given us true fans more than enough reasons to find another team, following the Mets is the only thing we know. I appreciate your candid approach to following the team and enlightening us fans who aren't privy to the "inner-circle" information that you are. I also love your draft analysis and approach since I'm always curious as to which way the team should go when thinking about the future. Unfortunately, it seems the team would be better served if guys like you ran the team and planned for its future. Too bad we can't get the Wilpons to sell to people who care about winning and allowing knowledgeable people to run the baseball operations. I read your site and agree with so much of what you say; it's comforting to know there are fans out there who feel the same way. Anyway, you should know that there are people who follow your site and appreciate the time and effort you invest. Thank you for that. Keep up the good work and feel better.

Andy

Thank you Andy for your kind thoughts.

Hmm... me running the team... well, first you'd have to sell it to me so I could really  get something done.

Let's assume I did have the money to buy this team. One of two things would have happened. One, I either paid off the debt the team owed everyone, or, two, I paid the Wilpons a sum which includes enough money for they to pay off their debt. Either way, I would be free to run this team without any financial barriers.

You'd be surprised how little I would do.

1. I would release Jason Bay. 

2. I would do everything I could to sign a quality outfielder like Grady Sizemore,.

3. I would do everything  I could to sign catcher Mike Napoli

4. I would do everything I could to sign both David Wright and RA Dickey to long term contracts. I'd pay both of them what they wanted but only five years or Wright and three for Dickey.

This team doesn't need that much if it was allowed to operate as the 'big market' team its supposed to be.

No comments: