10/13/18

Bob Gregory - Roster Musings



Hey Mack 

I hope you are enjoying your week.

I've been thinking about your focus on JT Realmuto and you have won me over.  I will join your quest to put him in Citi-Field.

I will differ on how to acquire him though.  Instead of using Alonzo as the trade chip, how about possibly...Rosario.  

Hear me out a moment before complete dismissal.

I'm looking at being able to move Rosario by having th ed Mets open the wallet and spend to get Machado.  After all he is going to be priced as a power hitting Shortstop, so if paying that price, might as well pencil him in at shortstop.

If the Mets seem Alonzo as more valuable as a trade asset, then maybe he could be used to acquire a true centerfielder. Or, he can stay and maybe prove himself.

Imagine

Nimmo leading off

McNeil batting second

Machado

4th, 5th, 6th, 7th being filled by Bruce, Conforto, Frazier, Alonzo (or new CF), & Flores.

The Mets get a youth movement too!

Realmuto (27), Machado (26), Nimmo (25), Conforto (25), Jeff McNeil (26), Alonzo (23)

And... your favorite future Met Jimenez is waiting in the wings as Frazier moves on.

Now this is a nice core for the next 5 years!

14 comments:

Rustyjr said...

Yankees are getting Machado - Mets will mKe a strong offer but when he signs elsewhere they will claim “we were his second choice” .. it’s on page one of their playbook

Reese Kaplan said...

I disagree. "We're kicking the tires" on various free agents is line one of the playbook.

Rustyjr said...

Semantics Reese semantics

Mack Ade said...

Sorry Bob... Can't respond 2day

Enroute to FLA for my wife's Mom's funeral

Rustyjr said...

My condolences Mack

Tom Brennan said...

Sorry, Mack. Our condolences.

Bob, you had me at McNeil. If the Mets, kidding aside, get bold and creative, they can build a beast of a team.

Job # 1, 2, 3, though? Fix the pen. If we had Houston's pen, we may have won 15 more games.

bill metsiac said...

And if the Yankees had pur rotation they might've won 120+.

bill metsiac said...

Sorry to hear that, Mack.

Reese Kaplan said...

Your place is with your family, Mack. We'll keep the home fires burning here.

Mack Ade said...

Bob

Sorry for the lateness on my comment.

Dealing Rosario for Realmuto is fine with me... If... You target the team for 2020 when Gimenez can open up in Queens

Mike Freire said...

Interesting.......I wonder if the Mets would have to add to that deal to make it work?

Amed and ? for JTR.

Mack Ade said...

Mike

My guess, yes.

Which is fine. A deal fot J T is the right thing to do

bill metsiac said...

If we make that deal now, who is our SS while we wait for Gimenez?

bgreg98180 said...

MACHADO!!!