3/24/13

Mack Ade – Morning Report – 3-24-13




Mack Ade – Morning Report – 3-24-13


8 more days…


There are some positive signed from the mash unit. Daniel Murphy will probably hit the DL but he is healing… David Wright looks like he may be ready for OD and a good sign on that is Justin Turner now playing second base, not third… Kirk Nieuwenhuis continues to play, and hit well, in minor league games, and Frank Francisco is now throwing all his pitches off the mound. My guess is all these guys are back the lasts April 15th.

That’s when the fun begins. First, we still have to figure out the 25-man without these guys eight days from now. Then, we have to make five more moves. Is this called depth? Can we use the “D’ workd when we talk about the Mets?



Mack Ade‏ - @JohnMackinAde - @JonathanMayoB3 - Jon, Sean Manaea or Jonathan Gray?

Jonathan Mayo@JonathanMayoB330m - @JohnMackinAde Wow... I'll take the lefty.



Saturday’s Game Recap –

          The interesting thing in this game was the decision to pitch (and start) Rafael Montero against basically the majority of the opening day Washington Nationals lineup. We’re always quick to point out that some minor league hit a home run in the 8th inning of a spring game, but we fail to point out that the pitcher throwing the ball will play A-ball come April. Montero’s third inning got a little choppy what with a walk followed by a HBP, but he followed this up with a 3-pitch strikeout. 4.2-IP, 4-H, 3-K, 1-BB… impressive.

So, does this guarantee him a slot at AA or do you push it to AAA?

          Lucas Duda has quietly got his act together this spring. Let’s face it… all we want is a .275 season from him and he hit that number early in Saturday’s game. .275, 30-HR, 85-RBI… I’ll take it.

          Look, I know that Pedro Feliciano has looked good this spring (2.08), but just how long is he going to get away with throwing all his pitches below 80?



Orioles announce Zach Britton optioned to Triple-A


Adam Rubin‏ - @AdamRubinESPN39m  - Scout 1 on Zack Wheeler: "He's got four pitches." Scout 2: "And they're all plus, plus, plus, plus." ... Definite No. 1. Ready now.


Andy Martino‏ - @MartinoNYDN3m - In the ongoing spring training discussion about if Mets or Marlins are better this year, a scout who has seen a lot both said Mets.


Atlanta releases RHP Dave Filak

Phillies Release Rodrigo Lopez

Dodges release RF Kyle Russell – 2012: 11-HR, .251/.367/.466 in 297 PA

Philadelphia releases 2B Stefan Jarrin and send Darin Ruf, Jermaine Mitchell to minor league camp


Seattle releases P Jon Garland (2.25, 1.25 this spring), and 1B Mike Jacobs



In a continuation of the pension plan fuck job the owners plan, here’s the latest from Adam Rubin - link - The first attempt to do so, initiated last year by a small-market owner, never came to a vote after Chicago White Sox owner Jerry Reinsdorf chastised his brethren for being petty with the lives of ordinary people given the riches produced by the sport. A vote, which was intended to be kept secret, is now scheduled to take place at owners meetings May 8-9 in New York. A vote, which had intended to be kept secret, is now scheduled to take place at owners meetings May 8-9 in New York. A majority of owners now favor the abolition of the pension plan, a source said. A majority of owners now favor the abolition of the pension plan, a source said.


The Mets have announced their rotation… Niese, Marcum, Harvey, Gee, and Hefner (though Hefner may be passed over the first time around). Word is Johan Santana will stay back in St. Lucie ‘whether he goes on the DL or not’. I thought he had to go on the DL. On second thought, I could give a rats ass about him. He’s not going to be part of this team in 2014 so he means nothing to me now. And, his so-called injury and cavalier attitude won’t do anything to help market him during the off-season. Me? I’d release him like Jason Bay. Just dump the contract and let’s move on.


I love this story!  China is planning on building a golf resort… in Iceland near the arctic circle - link – this is not to be compared to all those brand new cities they have built that have no people living in them… those crazy Chinese…



Santana on Santana:

“I’ve just got to stay here and work out and get ready. I’m making progress. It’s just I don’t know when I’m going to be pitching again. That’s the thing: We cannot think ahead. The way we’re approaching everything is every day make sure we have a good day. I’ve been in this game for a while. I went through that [surgery] a couple of years ago and I’m still here. So I’m going to battle and try to come back and help as much as I can. When that is going to happen, I don’t really know. All I know is I have to work and make sure that I get back into pitching. I’m just building up my strength and throwing more volume. And then, after that, hopefully I’ll be able to start getting on a mound soon. … With injuries you never know. I got to spring training feeling good. And then, once I started getting to pitch and stuff and I got on the mound, I didn’t feel I was making progress.”

                   Blah blah, blah…

No comments: