8/27/20

Metstradamus - No Commencement of Beatings Until Further Notice


By  | 

The Mets are probably lucky that social distancing is keeping Jacob deGrom from giving his teammates a beating.
The Mets took the bounty that Jacob deGrom gave them … a seven inning 14 strikeout game which only grew one run (or as my friend messaged me tonight: “one bullshit run”), and stomped it into the ground in the 8th, making me wish that Rob Manfred would have made every game seven innings.

Justin Wilson wasn’t sharp, which is to be understandable after the long layoff, and perhaps also true is that Wilson hasn’t had a great season up until the layoff. He loaded the bases with one out before Luis Rojas brought in Edwin Diaz for the five out save. Diaz struck out Jesus Sanchez, and then gave up an infield single as J.D. Davis pulled a Roger Dorn on the hardest ball hit since Edwin Encarnacion’s home run off Ubaldo Jimenez in the 2016 Wild Card game, according to the Statcast In My Noodle™. That made the score 4-2

3 comments:

Rds 900. said...

Am I the only one who's outraged. Underachievement from Alonso, McNeil, Ramos and Rosario. Lack of consistency from the other position players other than Cano & Smith. Poor management. Why bring in Hamilton if he is not going to try to steal a base. Bringing in Diaz with the bases full was an idiotic move. Rojas looks overmatched.

Mack Ade said...

Read me on Sunday...

Rds 900. said...

I'll look forward. I might be interested in becoming a contributor. My claim to fame is having attended the game Bobby Thomson hit "the shot heard round the world,".