6/7/11

Cory Mazzoni has some "guts"

Read this article. It will get you pretty pumped and routing for this kid to sign and succeed with the Mets.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/college/2011/06/cory-mazzoni-delivers-for-wolfpack/

The highlight of the article:

Mazzoni had thrown well more than 100 pitches in the eighth inning when Roache came to the plate for the fourth time. Relievers were ready in the Wolfpack bullpen, but Mazzoni made it clear he wasn’t going to be taken out.

“When I went out there before he faced Roache, I thought he was done,” Avent said. “(Mazzoni) said, ‘Coach, no, I got him.’

“Cory was out there pitching on nothing but guts. He wanted that opportunity and he was going to get it.”

The coach’s faith in his ace paid off. Mazzoni got Roache to lift his second pitch for a harmless fly to center field.

“(Avent) wanted to know if I had one more in me,” Mazzoni said. “I told him I did. I just wanted to keep the ball down against (Roache). He had struggled against my slider. Luckily, he popped it up.”


Seems like a keeper...

No comments: