4/9/12

3-0



Kudos to the Mets for coming out and surprising all of baseball with their three game sweep of the offense-depleted Bravos. Like many, I have had low expectations of our Metsies ever since they wouldn't break the bank for our beloved Jose Reyes. Seeing them this weekend though, with all of that homegrown talent (With possibly 8 farmers starting Monday evening) this season may not be too bad.

 

We may not have World Series aspirations, or even playoff aspirations but this team could possibly be truly fun to watch.

 

If Reuben Tejada continues his outstanding play, I will be the first to admit I've been wrong about him all along. Although a small sample size, his defense is outstanding and the more I see of him the more confidence I have that he is going to give a nice at bat every time up. The more he matures, I think he has the chance (contrary to my prior beliefs) to be a nice solid shortstop for years to come. Who knows what the season is going to bring, but if they play as they did this weekend, I'll be able to accept this as  a rebuilding team.

 

Lets enjoy FIRST PLACE while it lasts!!!

No comments: