9/7/24

Tom Brennan: A Perfect Mets Saturday - Except for One Thing

SUGAR IS SUGAR AGAIN, AND THE LEAGUE TREMBLES

On Saturday:

Mets win.

Atlanta loses.

Philly loses. 

Arizona loses.

San Diego loses.

Cubs lose.

A perfect Mets day, except for the McNeil 4-6 week injury due to a HBP.  

It is, though, a pleasure now to look at the Wild Card standings.


The Minors were not so perfect, as Syracuse lost its 28th or 39. 

Score? 19-0.

Hamel got utterly abused and trampled.  Hejka got jack-hammered.

Binghamton and Brooklyn lost, too.

Only St Lucie, a 6-0 winner, brought joy to Metsville.  Benge 3 hits, and 5 pitchers combined for a 2 hitter with 12 Ks.

There you go.





4 comments:

nickel7168 said...

Tom,
At this point, are our top prospects not:

Sid FInch

Scott
Sproat
Tong
Gilbert
Moribito

nickel7168 said...

I forget Jett.
McNeil got hit on his wrist guard by a curveball...WTF?

Tom Brennan said...

Nickel, I am going to throw an article out there on HBP tomorrow. That is a big blow. I heard his post-All Star OBP was .932, second to Lindor.

Tom Brennan said...

Mack, I could live with that list of prospects, although I would flip Scott *health concerns) and Sproat. Jett Williams is in a nose dive. I assume he is healthy, or he'd not be playing. I'd have put him at High A and Gilbert at AA until each came out of their comas.