7/20/26

MACK - TOP 100 PROSPECT CATCHERS

 

                                                  PC - MACK

Yesterday, we took a look at some possible third baseman that the Mets could trade for before the trade deadline… well, dies.

Today, we move to the backstop.

Remember… AAA and AA players only.

 

Rainiel Rodriguez – C – AA - St. Louis Cardinals

                2026/AA – 176-AB, 8-HR (12 – A+/AA), 49-RBI A+/AA, 24-BB, 54-K, .267/.367/.443/.810

 

Alfredo Duno – C – AA - Cincinnati Reds

                2026/A+ - 242/AB, 16-HR, 47-RBI, 49-BB, 79-K, .260/.390/.512/.902

                       AA -  34/AB, 3-HR, 4-RBI, 6-BB, 6-K, .324/.425/.647/1.072

 

Ethan Salas – C – AA - San Diego Padres

                2026/AA – 236-AB, 7-HR, 36-RBI, 27-BB, 40-K, .280/.348/.415/.763

 

Cooper Ingle – C – AAA - Cleveland Guardians

                2026/AAA – 189-AB, 13-HR, 43-RBI, 43-BB, 52-K, .291/.419/.566/.986

                         MLB -   21-AB, 0-HR, 2-RBI, 3-BB, 12-K, .095/.208/.095/.304

 

Caden Bodine – C – AA - Tampa Bay Rays

                2026/A-A+ AA – 306-AB, 10-HR, 63-RBI, 30-BB, 20-K, .353/.419/.533/.951

                                   AA -   42-AB, 1-HR, 6-RBI, 5-BB, 4-K, .310/,400/.452/.852


4 comments:

Tom Brennan said...

I think we are good at catcher. Alvarez/Torrens = average MLB catcher.

Zozo said...

I would consider trading both if we can get a good haul

Tom Brennan said...

Zozo, you’d then be trading certainty for uncertainty. I feel that the certainty of Soto, Benge , Ewing, and the catchers is a foundation. Lindor’s value is low, so unless he goes on an absolute tear over the next two weeks to boost confidence in him from buyers, he is too expensive to trade right now. Voit mid 2027. If you can deal a Holmes and another piece (even if that is Voit) for a young stud superstar type, like Crow, I am good.

Zozo said...

Alvarez isn’t much certainty the last few years. Torres is great defensively. I think for catching position we should just concentrate on a defensive duo and any offense you get is a plus.
Handle a pitching staff, block the balls and keep the runners from stealing is all I want.
So by trading both for good upside youngsters and signing a couple of defensive minded catchers in offseason is fine with me.