SYRACUSE RAINED OUT
BUT OTHER INTERESTING DRY STUFF YESTERDAY
QUEENS split
Mets split DH with the Braves.
Manaea strong in opener - someone will want him, for sure. 3-2 win.
Sale beat Scott in nightcap, 1-0 loss.
A tip of the cap to the future Hall of Famer. Mets’ Scott almost as great.
- Mets fans were thrilled with the Matt Harvey pick at #7 overall in 2010.
- Sale was drafted 13th that year. He’s had injuries, but far more durable.
- I love shopping at Sales.
Yesterday’s Mets scores were like a 1968 doubleheader flashback.
- Runs being very, very, agonizingly scarce.
Runs, however, were not scarce in the three minor league games, in which there were a total of 50 abundant runs. Home plates felt wanted.
BROOKLYN won 8-6
Colin Houck? 4 for 4, all singles. Like it.
Randy Guzman’s 2nd Brooklyn game? 3 for 4. Like it.
Daiverson Gutierrez smacks walk off, game winning 3 run bomb. Like it.
Luis R Rodriguez threw 2 perfect innings, fanning 5. Like it.
This year, the lefty Luis has thrown just 7.2 IP, allowing just 2 hits and fanning 18. WHAT? Even Jefry Yan is impressed. Get Luis more innings!
ST LUCIE lost 14-9
2 hits, 2 ribs for still-18-year-old Elian Peña.
- He will be ready late next year. You heard it here first.
A 3 run shot for Yovanny Rodriguez in his A ball debut. Like it.
Bohan Adderley went 2 for 4 in his debut there. Like it.
- when he swings, it reminds me of an old supermarket named Bohacks.
Joe Mack (4-2) got smacked for 4 runs in the loss. ERA jumped to 3.03.
BINGHAMTON lost 7-6
Mitch Voit’s AA debut? 3 for 5, and a walk. 2 doubles and a triple.
- Ready. Call him up.
The torrid Corey Collins? 2 for 4 with a HR.
- Ready. Call him up.
Meanwhile, the old guard of Parada, Schwartz and Suero went 0-11.
- the Old Guard needs Right Guard.
- Not ready, don’t call them up.
Stratton 2 unearned runs, precipitated by his own error, to take the L.
C’est Finis, Monsieurs et Madames.

17 comments:
Working all day on my Friday Report
Mack is wack
Great to see the recently promoted prospects off to a good start.
The Mets released several lower organizational prospects over the past few days to open up spots for the 2026 draftees. I would like to see some of those players get off to a good start as well.
Wiggins had a good first game.
Good. My article was a twenty minute special 😁
This trade deadline is like calm Caribbean waters before the hurricane whips in. But the big storm is coming.
Mitch Voit? Every passing day, I see him following Ewing’s timetable, so I see him in Queens between Memorial Day to the ASB, 2027.
Corey Collins? Two months ago, I thought the 6th rounder was dead in the water. Now, I could see him possibly being the Mets’ 2027 first baseman.
Pena? Opening Day 2028.
Guzman? Jury still out, but impressive.
Wiggins? I hope he is Benge II. Starting outfielder on opening day 2028.
So, there is hope.
Recent draftee Kuhio Kamakanawehiwamaikalewa Aloy (I will leave it to Mack to pronounce his middle name) went 0 for 5 with 3 Ks in his pro debut with St Lucie
Why is it I see us winning enough games now with everyone healthy (almost) that we come in with the seventh worst record and miss a golden opportunity to finally get a top draft pick. It would be soooo Mets. I was very impressed with the Brewers and just wondered if DS built them what did he forget when he came here or did we just get the guy who got the credit? Their one hell of an organization and their record shows it.
This is the big audition, Gary. Players looking to shine their way out of town because this team is going nowhere. By mid-August they will return to their losing ways.
Where?
Middle name -
Kame chameleon
That sounds about right. Julie Andrews can probably sing it.
Trust me...
The Mets will win at least one too many games this season
It is time to lose JUST ENOUGH with Soto out and depleting trades coming to get that sixth spot. This franchise loses when you want them to win, and wins when you want them to lose.
Loved the work this morning Tom. Don’t know if I’m sold on Voit, but the debut was a heck of a selling point.
Gus, I am pushing Voit as fast as he can go. Of course, he may not know I am doing so, but…
Anyway, the key to his success is VERY LOW STRIKEOUT RATE (about 7 to 1, as compared to Houck’s 2.5 to 1).
And, considering this is his first full year, and at an advanced level, I am ALL IN. Speed, check, power, check, contact, check, defense, check.
That 7:1 Voit K rate is over his last two months. Almost as low as McNeil in the minors. And Voit is faster.
Post a Comment