4/1/10

4-1-09 - Jack Prantis - 1 year ago

I posted this a year ago about Jack:

Jack Pranitis, a fixture in both clubhouses at NYSEG Stadium for the past 15 years, died peacefully on January 27th after a lengthy & courageous battle with cancer. He and his wife Pat of 52 years adopted visiting and B-Mets teams as their own and touched many lives throughout professional baseball. His devotion to the Binghamton Mets extended to his “vacations” in Port St. Lucie, Florida for spring training where he assisted with the New York Mets minor league clubhouse operations.


On April 1, 2009, I received the following message:

Thanks for posting this. The entire organization meant a lot to my dad and his trips to PSL were one of the highlights of each year.

Paul Pranitis
North Pole, Alaska

And today, on April 1, 2010, this came...

What a trooper, through everything he went through the Mets organization was Dad's life. Thanks for everything you did for him... we are greatly appreciative.

The Pranitis Bunch

The least I could do for a good man.

Mack

1 comment:

Rick Pranitis said...

Thank you for helping to keep Jack's memory alive. To me he was more then just "Uncle Jack". He was the big brother I never had and the life coach and mentor every boy needs growing up. I'm sure his spirit is still sharing good advice and supporting the "home team" somewhere.
I raise a glass of thirty year old single malt - neat! in his honor.

Rick Pranitis