6/7/11

Mets Pick – Round 6: - Joe Tuschak CF




Overall talent and speed put Tuschak on Division I radar even before he landed on the American Legion East-West roster in 2009. Patrolling centerfield for skipper Brian Robison at Northern, the 6-1, 185-pounder hit .547 from the left side this spring, helping steer the Polar Bears to a second straight Mid-Penn Colonial title. Tagged five home runs and was 12-for-12 in thefts, earning a spot on The Patriot-News Big 11 Team. Things really heated up in the summer as Tuschak joined coach Mike Chroniger's Mid-Atlantic Rookies team and showcased his five-tool talents up and down the East Coast. - http://highschoolsports.pennlive.com/news/article/-7276622027491955982/baseball-recruiting-watch-joe-tuschak  


“I’m actually looking forward to it because I don’t really have any expectations,” said Northern center fielder Joe Tuschak, who worked out in Philadelphia Friday and for the New York Mets at Citi Field Sunday. He’ll grab some shuteye on the bus trip to Altoona today as the Polar Bears open the PIAA Class AAA tournament against District 5 champ Somerset at Blair County Ballpark. “I mean, I’ve thought about it a little bit, but I’ve just kind of kept it in the back of my mind because we’re still playing. I always have college to fall back on.” One American League scout projected Tuschak, who signed with Coastal Carolina, could fall anywhere from rounds 4 through round 10. - http://highschoolsports.pennlive.com/news/article/8569897566266968281/derek-fisher-joe-tuschak-await-mlb-draft-call  

No comments: