6/4/22

Tom Brennan and Mack Ade - Mets Recap

Another day in Metsville. Will they rebound from Thursday’s loss to a strong LAD club?

METS: trailing 4-0 after 4. Not good. Lindor back at SS. Pete smacked # 14, but fell 5 runs short, losing 6-1. Seems Lindor and Nimmo are < 100%, as they were struggling to get on base…0 for 7.

Games like this always make me thing weird things like...

Where is slugging Reese Havens when you really need him?

Anyway, easy one coming tonight…at 10:10 PM…ZZZZ….2-0 David Peterson vs. 6-1 Walker Beuhler.

Philadelphia and the Yanks, meanwhile, bested their opponents by a combined 23-0. 

Of greater importance the Braves won in 10, and are now just 8.5 games back.

MINORS:

SYRACUSE: A blow out win. 13-1, with Mangum resuming FUEGO with 4 hits and Khalil Lee and others in the lineup coming around.

BINGHAMTON: A 7-2 loss. They’ve had too many games like this one. Baty was back with 2 hits, Alvarez hit his 9th, and Yamamoto fanned 4 in 1.2 IP.

BROOKLYN: a seven inning twin affair, with Brooklyn winning one, losing one, by the score of 2 to 1.Had a mid-1970s Mets feel to it. Nice night for the hot Brandon McIlwain and Sammy Taveras and Junior Santos.

ST. LUCIE: Sprinkles cancel the Lucies.


Mack....will soon be back, Jack, and that's a fact.

7 comments:

TexasGusCC said...

A few thoughts:
1. The Mets have run into two hot starting pitchers in Gosselin with that splitter and Anderson with that palmball, so the bats are sick. The starting pitxhing hasn’t been bad, but not as good as the other guys’.
2. The Dodgers have that swagger that I have so much. That swagger in Los Angeles will bot change as long as Roberts is the manager. They swing hard on every pitch while the Mets want to make contact. It’s a different philosophy, but I still think the Mets approach is better. We used to be windmills too.
3. Tonight’s game is a must. I want to see if the Mets are pissed off but I don’t trust Peterson at all, although I admit, I never did.
4. Junior Santos had his best game pitched in three years, he was strong. 5 innings, zero walks, six strikeouts, no runs. About time.
5. Syracuse scored 13 yesterday, so everyone had fun. Lee is finnaly off the interstate, as is Newton two levels down.
6. Alvarez hit a solo homerun, Baty finally returned from the IL.
7. LGM!

TexasGusCC said...

2. The Dodgers have that swagger that I *hate so much. Man, I wish I had that sort of confidence everyday at my job! That was a pretty funny auto-correct.

Tom Brennan said...

Nice recap, Gus. Any word on how Lindors finger hurt his at bats last night, or just tough pitching trumps hitting most of the time?

TexasGusCC said...

I fractured my hand in February; it hurts! No way a fractured middle finger tip doesn’t hurt two days later. Two weeks later, alot less, I’m sure.

Tom Brennan said...

Hear ya, Gus, I hurt the joint on my right ring finger on March 25. Improved but still about 30% to go.

Gary Seagren said...

What will ease the pain will be to give the Dodgers the finger and win the next 2 games!

Tom Brennan said...

Gary, you put a finger on it.