4/1/13

Q and A - Johan Santana

Gary Seagren to me - 




Hi Mack.  Can't wait till tomorrow cause it really seemed to be a very LONG offseason so its either that or at my age I don't know how many more seasons I have left so Sandy lets get it together soon O.K.! I guess maybe I'm in the minority but can everyone stop winning about "poor" Johann......PLEASE...HE SHOULD GET DOWN ON HIS KNEES EVERYNIGHT AND THANK GOD for his great fortune and would it be out of the question to give the club, oh say, 30 million back? I know you can't stop laughing but I can't help but long for the good old days when they all played on 1 year contracts. Oh well onto 2013 and keeping a positive attitude. I will be going to a couple of games in April when the St. Lucie club comes to Bradenton and will let u know what I see. Last but not least my question is: with Wilpon commenting on having the $$$ to sign free agents going forward (of course AFTER Bourne signed with Cleveland) who exactly is going to be available next year. From what I see not much unless Ellsbury excites you. Good player when he's not injured but that's about it. Well hope you had a great weekend and Lets Go Mets, Gary Seagren

I wish Mr. Santana well with his surgery and the rest of his career. Hopefully, he heals and goes on to pitch for his native country in the next WBC.

As for next year and the future of this team, you better start by locking up your young talent in long extensions that at least last through the last Arbitration year. Start with Ike Davis and don't be afraid to throw in Dillon Gee (I'm not sure if Gee fits in long term as a rotation pitcher, but he will stay in that position through 2014, possibly 2015... after that, he'd make a great long man).

Most of baseball's young talent is being signed up as I write and as you read. Free agency will never be the same.

As for the Mets, they must heal inwardly and, if they don't solve the outfield situation, they will continue to finish fourth until their rotation matures in 2015

No comments: