2/18/21

PRESS RELEASE - 2021 Rumble Ponies Schedule Announced

 


2021 Rumble Ponies Schedule Announced

Binghamton, NY – Major League Baseball officially released 2021 schedules for Minor League

teams. The Binghamton Rumble Ponies will compete in a 120-game season. The season
will begin on May 4th, and end on September 19th, with 60 home and 60 away games. All
home stands will be six games long, beginning on Tuesdays and ending on Sundays. The
Rumble Ponies first home stand will begin on May 11th.

This will be the first year for the Rumble Ponies in their newly structured league, the DoubleA Northeast league. The Rumble Ponies will be joining old foes, the Akron RubberDucks (Cleveland Indians), Altoona Curve (Pittsburgh Pirates), Bowie Baysox (Baltimore Orioles), Erie SeaWolves (Detroit Tigers), Hartford Yard Goats (Colorado Rockies), Harrisburg Senators (Washington Nationals), New Hampshire Fisher Cats (Toronto Blue Jays), Portland Sea Dogs (Boston Red Sox), Reading Fighting Phils (Philadelphia Phillies), and Richmond Flying Squirrels (San Francisco Giants), as well as the newest arrival, The Somerset Patriots (New York Yankees)

“This schedule is a bright light for the Rumble Ponies as we kick off what promises to be a great relationship with MLB. Even before the cancellation of the 2020 season, the Rumble Ponies were fighting to keep the team in Binghamton. When the pandemic hit, a lot of people counted us out. But I knew how impactful having a team was to this community.” Said Rumble Ponies President, John Hughes.

7 comments:

Tom Brennan said...

Let's get ready to Rumble.

Anonymous said...

I hope to catch some games in Binghamton and Syracuse this year, Covid willing.

Jimmy

Remember1969 said...

Jimmy . .let me know . I'll meet you there . . I am really hoping they can have fans in Binghamton (and Syracuse, a little further, but doable)

Tom Brennan said...

I think by May 1, the virus will be really, really low and fans will be in seatds

Remember1969 said...

I am going to want to have my vaccine before I do many games. Not sure that is going to happen before July that way things are going.

I guess the next wave is for those that are less than 65 and have two pre-existing conditions. I wonder if "I was born" and "I haven't yet died" will pass for those conditions????

John From Albany said...

Not only Binghamton and Syracuse, Worcester is pretty close to see the S-Mets on the road and Hudson Valley to see the Cyclones.

Remember1969 said...

Scranton and Rochester are closer for me. I wish there was something just a bit closer to be able to see Brooklyn.