12/16/19

Mack - Reese Kaplan




I am sure many of you have been wondering why our senior writer and chief baseball historian, Reese Kaplan, hasn't written word one in the past week.

Well. we heard from his wife on Saturday who left this message on one of our posts:

          To All of Reese's fellow Mets Bloggers

This is his wife, Vivian Kaplan.

Reese has suffered severe brain trauma due to passing out and falling onto the floor, hitting his head. This occurred last Saturday evening, at home. He was in ICU at the trauma center for a week. Currently, he is in inpatient rehab. and is receiving PT, OT and Speech Therapy.He is unable contact anyone at this time

I called Vivian and assured her that there would be better days ahead for both her and Reese. I had a similar incident when I passed out from a low blood sugar.

We here at Mack's Mets all are happy that Reese survived this accident and our prayers go out to both him and his wife for a speedy and thorough recovery.

He's been the rock that keeps this site solid, churning out four quality posts a week. I couldn't see how this blog would move forward without him.

Feel free to leave your comments for Reese here and I will pass them on to him.

12 comments:

Tom Brennan said...

Reese's writings have shown us a brilliant analytical mind, frequently recalling many things I'd long forgotten (some I never knew in the first place). I always enjoy reading his articles, different than anyone else's in the blogosphere - and better than most, for sure. What comes through in his prolific writing is that he is a solid, sincere, decent human being, and he is a fine friend to us all here.

My interactions with Reese have always been of the highest caliber.

God bless, for strength for you both, Reese and Vivian, and for a miraculously swift and full recovery.

John From Albany said...

Reese your writings are all class and full of insight. Please get well soon. Our prayers are with you and your family.

Raw said...

Get better soon Reese. I am a big Mets fan and I loved reading your articles.

Zozo said...

Reese take your time on DL and come back when your 100%. Praying for a speedy recovery buddy.

Mike Freire said...

Agree with everyone here............get well soon, Reese.

Viper said...

So sad to hear about this. We have exchanged so many comments throughout the years that I feel I know Reese even thought we have never met personally.

Get well soon Reese. I and many other readers here will include you in our daily prayers.

Anonymous said...

I wish Reese a complete and speedy recovery.

Jimmy

bill metsiac said...

Get well soon, Reese. I miss arguing with you about everything except our love of the Mets. 😘

Mack Ade said...

Jimmy

PLEEEEEEEEESE email me.

I have an important question for you.

macksmets@gmail.com

Jack Flynn said...

Be well Reese!!

Ernest Dove said...

Wow. Prayers to Reese and his family

TexasGusCC said...

All the best for a speedy and thorough recovery. Hope to be able to write you this in one of your posts soon.