4/6/09

Minor Thoughts - April 6, 2009




-I stopped by the Sand Gnats locker rooms, where the uniforms are being put out for tonight's practice. The "official" roster isn't out yet, but I did get a peek at the names on top of the lockers. Can't tell you who's on the team yet, but there are two set of surprises... one, lots of names not expected... and two, lots of names missing. I'll fill you in as soon as I get the official word, but trust me... the team's gonna hit this year.

-I sure wish I had someone in Florida who could tell me who was left back in extended camp. I know of only one player that is officially there, and that's SP Jake Ruckle, who stayed behind to build up arm strength rather than freeze his elbows off in Binghamton. I got a good hunch that SP Tobi Stoner is there with him, but can't confirm that.

-So far, the only "official" roster I have is the B-Mets and there's lot's of names missing. Im only guessing at this point, but I assume SP Dillon Gee has been bumped stright to Buffalo. Hope he brought his long johns... but where is SR Eric Neisen? Also, I expected RP prospect Stephen Clyne to get the bump, but maybe both of them returned to Lucy... the otherd... Elvys Quezada, German Marte, Nick Waechter,
Edgar Ramirez, Luis Rivera, Rafael Arroyo, and Brahiam Maldonado??? Well, let's just say the news might not be pretty...

-lastly, it will be interesting to see how Buffalo handles the 1B position, now that Nick Evans has been assigned there. Michel Abreu really doesn't play another position and there's an awful lot of expectation that Evans might replace carlos Delgado next year in CitiField. We'll keep a close look at this one.

Mack

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From the Bison's website MLBlog:
THE DISH
Posted on April 6, 2009 at 10:54 AM
http://bisonsblog.mlblogs.com/

An official welcome
Tonight at the annual MLB Opening Night party, nearly 250 Bisons fans took their first opportunity to officially welcome the first Bisons to arrive for the 2009 season.
Taking in the festivities

included:
Nick Evans
Dillon Gee
Neslon Figueroa
Connor Robertson
Eddie Kuntz

The Bisons expect to learn the entire roster Monday prior to the Mets season opener against the Reds. Full squad workouts are scheduled on Tuesday and Wednesday prior to Opening Day against Pawtucket

Mack Ade said...

thanks for the update:

So Gee is there... that's quite a bump...

Mack