8/31/11

I May Be Wrong, But…




1. I really got a kick out of the promotions of Brandon Nimmo and Phillip Evans to Kingsport. I really don’t care what they do in the three games left there. It’s just the fact that the Mets brass wants to send a message to everyone that talent will be recognized at all levels. So far, both look like the real deal and it will be interesting to see where they start each of them out next spring. I have them in Brooklyn, but, you never know, right?


2. I read Monday that Ike Davis was seen running on his bad ankle, still trying to rehab without surgery. I’m not sure, but I think this is a different run from a month ago, which would have been different than a run from… look, Ike… bubbala… you need to make a decision post haste so the team can count on you in April. God, this so reminds me of Omar and Company.



3. Ron Paul said that Washington just wasted money saving lives in the Northeast, and Michelle Backman made jokes about the hurricane and God. Are these people out of their fucking minds? It takes an IQ of 4 to figure out that separatism isn’t going to solve the financial crisis. Do we just tie up these pit bulls and leave them in the yard? Oh, BTW, I’m a Republican.



4. Lucas Duda has made me a believer but what do we do with Nick Evans? I’ve watched him dominate both AA and AAA in the past couple of seasons, but he always tripped when he came to Queens. In his defense, he never was given an opportunity to play every day and I know that Jerry Manuel really didn’t like him. Folks, one third of everything you do in life is confidence and, without it, you’re just an Anderson Hernandez in the system. It seems to me that a 2012 with Tejada on 2B, Reyes on SS, Duda in RF and both Evans and Murphy coming off the bench… is a good plan.


5. I can’t think of any better September waivers trade than Chris Capuano to a pennant contender. He really isn’t in the rebuilding plans of the Mets and you can’t come off a better outing than his last one. You’re not going to get much, but you could roll the dice on an A+ or A-level prospect, preferably a catcher or relief pitcher.

No comments: