11/26/18

OPEN THREAD - SP - Nabil Crismatt

PC - Ed Delany


Pitcher Nabil Crismatt has signed a minor league contract with the Seattle Mariners.

The 23-year old signed on with the Mets in 2012 as a international free agent. He was impressive from the start, posting 26-apps, 3.95 for St. Lucie in 2017 and 18-apps, 3.59 for Binghamton n 2018. Then came the brick wall named Las Vegas, where he went 9-ST, 8.84 at the end of last season.

I didn’t realize he went the free agent route and I’m not sure if it was the Mets that cut fish here. I wish he had one more year in Syracuse to steer the ship, but, alas, he’s no longer a Met.

A good Facebook friend of mine.

Ve con Dios, my friend.

3 comments:

Tom Brennan said...

I think these international guys should not be able to go free agent at age 23...too soon.

Mike Freire said...

Sucks, quite frankly......shows you how hard it is to make it all the way to the "show", right?

I hope he figures it out with the Mariners.

Reese Kaplan said...

Randy Jones made a career for himself despite not being able to break a pane of glass with his pitches. That is, of course, the exception. I hope he succeeds but have my doubts.