5/3/21

Mack - “Bullet Points” - Mat Nelson, Liam McGill, Connor McNamara, Andrew Abbott, Geremy Guerrero


(stats as of 4-28 )

  

Here is this week’s five outside targets that could find themselves having their names called in the draft this year:

 


 . C Mat Nelson Florida State

 

South Carolina’s Wes Clark has led the nation in home runs for most of the season, but that is no more. Nelson has come from not being on anybody’s mock draft to leading the nation in homers… by four more than Clark.

 

He also leads the nation with 54 runs batted in. And… he catches pretty decently too.

 

I now have him as my 3rd catcher in the draft, behind Henry Davis and Adrian Del Castillo. 


 . C Liam McGill Bryant

 

Catchers keep coming…

 

McGill currently is ranked 3rd in the nation with a .453 batting average in 131 at-bats.

 

He is a senior that I have no ink on and he is playing against inferior competition, so it is hard to project this guy.He also is a grad transfer from Columbia.

 

I have added him as my 18th catcher.

 

. RP Connor McNamara Marist

 

The 6-3 senior righty did not appear in any games in 2020. In 2019, he pitched 34 innings to a 5.03-ERA.

 

Right now, he leads the nation with the lowest ERA (0.69), accomplished in four appearances and one earned run in 13-IP.

 

I do not have him in my top 200, so he isn’t on my board.

 


 . SP Andrew Abbott Virginia

 

Who doesn’t like a pitcher that throws strikeouts?

 

The leader in the nation continues to be Vanderbilt’s Jack Leiter (102 in 60.1-IP), but Abbot is now tied for 2nd in the nation, with 91-K, in 60.2-IP.

 

And remember… he’s doing this against the top teams in baseball.

 

I have him solidly on my board as the 6th LHP.

 


 

. LHP Geremy Guerrero Indiana State

 

The 6-0 senior is currently 2nd in the nation with the lowest WHIP (0.68). This has been accomplished in 63.1 innings pitched.

 

Becuase he is a senior, and is throwing in a limited arena, I only have him on my board as the 25th lefty.

2 comments:

Eddie from Corona said...

Mack do you feel like we need to draft a Catcher?

Mack Ade said...

Yes

Big time

Especially college junior.

There are less then 10 great catchers in the MLB.

3 years from now ee could have 2 of them.