7/20/11

Izzy to Cincy?


The Reds have two great catcher prospects, Deven Mesoraco and Yazmani Grandal. Sadly, both are far more talented that a one-to-one deal for Izzy.


Ditto LHP Aroldis Chapman and 1B Yonder Alonzo.


Here’s some options:


2B Billy Hamilton: 20/yrs. old – 6-1/160… Lots of speed… switch hitter… capable shortstop… rated as best athlete in system… 2011: A - .242/.302/.312/.614


LHP Donnie Joseph: 23/yrs. old - 6-3, 195… future closer… 2011: AA – 1-1, 8.33, 40.0-IP, 46-K


RHP Kyle Lotzkar: - 21/yrs. old – 6-4/200… big arm… has had a hard time staying healthy… 2011: A – 1-1, 5.71, 34.2-IP, 36-K


OF Yorman Rodriguez: 18/yrs. old – 6-2/184… combination of power and speed… highest ceiling of any Reds prospect… plus arm, projects as CF… compared to Eric Davis… 2011: A - .258/.321/.400/.721, 7-HR, 40-RBI

Observation:  The Red pitching prospects seem depleted because four have graduated to the parent team recently. I would rather see Izzy packaged with someone else, like Lucas Duda, Josh Satin, or Fernando Martinez and snagging one of the catchers.

5 comments:

David Groveman said...

I think that getting a catching prospect is the goal and offering a minor leaguer with Izzy would be key. I'm thinking Valdespin.

The Closer said...

F-Mart along with Izzy would be a good deal for Grandal I think, but I don't know about Deven Mesoraco for that. If I were them, I would ask for more since he's a top 10-15 prospect in all of baseball.

Mack, I think you'll agree with me when I say, I'm honestly starting to get angry the Josh Satin is still in AA. He has a 43 games on base streak and can play multiple positions on the infield. How is this kid not going to get a September call up this year? What more does he need to do besides improve his defense, that from all accounts is no worse than Murphy or Turner?

Mack Ade said...

I like the idea

Charles said...

Very good idea. Izzy would never produce a good catching prospect alone, but throwing in a decent minor leaguer might do the trick. Fantastic idea.

Mack Ade said...

Closer:

I know Josh and he knew this was going to be his role in 2011. He told me so in the interview I had with him before the season started, which is posted on this site.

I don't expect Zach Lutz back for the rest of the season after last night, so there might be a chance he gets to play 3B for Buffalo; however, an infield in Binghamton of Dykstra.Havens/Valdespin/Satin sounds pretty good.