10/4/11

I May Be Wrong, But…

1. Did you notice the starting pitchers in the first game of the playoffs?  Matt Moore vs. C.J. Wilson… C.C. Sabathia vs. Justin Verlander.  I go through this exercise every year the Mets don’t make the playoffs.  Pitching, pitching, pitching.

2. One thing on my man-love for pitcher Chris Young. I have no idea how his rehab is progressing and my calling for the Mets to resign him is probably premature. Others here on MM have reminded me that a surgery like this can take up to two years to fully heal and rehab.  I hope he’s coming along and I wish I had more info on his status. Still, a baseball writer can dream out loud…

3. I was talking to a blog-owner-friend of mine on Wednesday and he asked me if I was going to attend the teleconference that evening with the Mets. I told him I have never been invited which he found as shocking. He asked me if I received the daily email from Jay Horowitz. I told him I have never received a single one. Everyone always tells me that Horowitz is a nice guy but I’ve been on his shit list since the day I met him. I have a funny feeling someone told him I was never a beat reporter. I wish I could confirm that. I’d send him the three years of full page copy I wrote for Morris Communications on the Mets.

4. Five years ago all this would really piss me off, but I have thrown in the towel. I don’t know any Mets writer that has said more nice things about their players over the past seven years. I tried to build a site that I could make some money to pay my wife’s doctor bills and I failed at that also. I do it now for the love of the game and I continue to have the back of every Met minor leaguer in the system.

5. I better watch myself. I’m starting to sound like Andy Rooney and we all know what happened to him.

2 comments:

Charles said...

I have no clue what it takes to enter the club that would gain you the access you probably deserve at this point. However, to do what you do on this site, everyday, with such detail and accuracy involving statistics and player profiles, and all without real access to the Mets team and their affliates, is nothing short of amazing. I know first hand how much you have their players' backs, and you should be proud of the job your doing despite never being invited to the party. Maybe one day someone with some brains will wake up and realize that one of the reasons that Met fans get so excited about their prospects making their debuts in Citifield, is because they have been learning about them since the day they were drafted here on Macks Mets. I've learned more about the Mets' farm system and it's players in one year of reading this site, then I had in the last five seasons scanning boxscores. As one of your subscribers from when you had the pay site, I can honestly say, that it's not often that you get your money's worth when paying for a subscription, yet thats exactly what was given on Macks Mets. They see what you're able to accomplish without the access they give others websites and try to keep you at bay because they know that if they give you the same access, you'd put the others sites out of business.

Mack Ade said...

Thank you for your comments Charles.

It still hurts.