10/16/11

The Keepers: - Adjustments

It's time to start the top 100 list over again and there have been some changes.

In general, I always try (and fail) to balance the value of ceiling, tools, and projections with players ready to make the jump to Queens. Who really should be higher, an Akeel Morris who projects out as a future SP1 or a Josh Satin, who finished the season already in Queens?

It's a flawed list before I even start it, but, in the end, regardless of ranking, it will have the top 100 players in the minor league system. And that is why you come here to read this.

1. I have removed Ruben Tejada from 'The Keepers' list. Yes, I know he's still below 24, but I can't seem to come up with any 2012 plan that doesn't include him as one of the 25-man squad in Queens. I'm saved the info in the vault and can always add it back if he's demoted, God forbid.

2. I have removed pitchers Scott Moviel. and Kyle Allen.  They both have been falling down the list, but now he is simply too old to be considered a prospect

3. I currently have 179 players on the list, but I only print out the top 100. That way, all the rest of them can think they are 101st.

We'll start over with the current #1 at 10am EST.

No comments: