10/4/11

Q and A: Mack with… Christian Osmundsen – Reyes, Murph, Wright, Puljois, Davis, Pagan

Osmundsen:        Hey Mack. I was curious as to what you think may happen this off season with Reyes will he stay or go? Do you trade Murphy to an American league team? Do you trade Wright? Sign Pujols or Fielder and move Davis to right and cut Pagan? I was just curious on your thoughts and if so what's the package you get for Wright and Murphy?

Mack:    Anybody else?

I think Reyes is gone. I don’t want that to happen, but the fact is the Mets are not in a financial position to compete with some of the other teams that want him.

If that happens, Ruben Tejada moves to short and Daniel Murphy becomes much more valuable to the Mets in 2012.  Forget any package for him and David. You have a better chance of dating me than seeing David Wright clear out his locker.

Ike Davis is already on record, saying he would gladly move to a corner outfielder position if the Mets signed Pujois. It might work because he’s a great defensive player, but no hitter that makes his living hitting balls out of the yard is going to sign with the Mets until they bring in the fences.

The only chance Pagan has in staying is if he mends major fences with the Mets management. And, he better hurry up.

No Christian, you asked me what I thought and I honestly don’t expect that much for 2012. No one in the Mets is going to admit this publically, but next year is another this year.

The Mets will not be a pennant contender until they build a deep, talented rotation. Most of the pieces will be in place in 2013. All of them will be in 2014.

3 comments:

Charles said...

Mends fences with management? What did he do? I know he shit the bit playing the game, but did he piss somebody off with his off the field antics?

Mack Ade said...

actually, IMO, he did, but I don't want to go into details...

Charles said...

...i understand, but now you got me thinking. Nice to have "sources". Either way, Pagan & Pelfrey are just not worth their salaries.