2/6/12

FLASH - Howard Megdal Denied Mets Press Pass


I thought I ought to pass along this bit of news, so all of you have a sense of what the blog will and won’t be this coming year, and why that is.

Since taking over the LoHud Mets Blog in March 2011, I have been credentialed numerous times by the New York Mets-100 percent of the time my editor here, Sean Mayer, has requested credentials. So it was odd that last week, Sean received a call from Jay Horwitz, the Director of Media Relations for the New York Mets, telling him that while the Journal News can continue to receive credentials, the Mets would not be credentialing me.

Sean asked why that was, and Jay responded that the Mets “don’t like my reporting”. The team declined to respond to my multiple attempts to reach them for a fuller explanation.

Mack:  Welcome to my world...

http://mets.lohudblogs.com/2012/02/06/a-note-on-access-and-the-mets/

1 comment:

Steve from Norfolk said...

Gee, Howard, do you think "Wilpon's Folly" could have had anything to do with it? By the way, it was a very readable, informative book that taught me a lot about the Mets financial situation. Jay Horwitz, in this case, is suffering from what I like to call a "cranial-rectal inversion".