2/27/12

Ruben Tejada, Dillon Gee,Joe Bonfe, Ex-Mets, MMs Live from ST




·         The Mets may have a problem with SS Ruben Tejada. The team filed for his visa back in November and, frankly, all the kid had to do was pick it up and get his ass to camp early. He knew that it was critical to work with Daniel Murphy well before they even play their first ST game. Terry Collins is seething and the last thing the team needs going into this camp is another ego problem. Oh yeah, his replacement? Jordany Valdespin, the poster boy for ego


I asked Dillon Gee what his plans for ST were are he responded:

Hey Mack, first and foremost I want to get through spring training healthy. Other than that I just want to make sure I'm getting my body and arm in shape so I can be ready to help the team from day 1 of the season. It's really that simple.  Sounds boring but that's what my job is right now, along with improving my fielding and bunting. I definitely need to get better at that.


·         I also asked Joe Bonfe what his goals are this spring and he was candid:

I have really been trying to improve all my skills this off season. My biggest gain would have to be in the bat speed category, I have been working with a sports psychologist on my overall mental and physical aspect of the game (vision, bat speed, visualization, hand eye coordination, and pitch recognition). My bat speed has increased 15-20 mph from when we started working in November. My goals this spring training would be to put my gains to the test and start showing more power numbers and raising my on base percentage. Defensively I have been working on my speed and quickness and I am going to show my versatility as a player by showing the Mets they can put me anywhere on the field and they can trust me to get the job done.

Joe is a smart guy and managed to acquire additional work last year by taking on additional positions.  The opening for him is 3B (his natural position) with St. Lucie and wouldn’t it be nice to develop a 20-80 A+ hitter here?

·      Ex-Mets on the Move:

The St. Louis Cardinals signed  IF Alex Cora 

·   Mack’s Mets’ Jeremiah Alley will be live at spring training on March 3rd and 4th. He will be taking a ton of pictures and we’re trying to figure out how to display them on this Blogger site. He also will be posting live throughout those two days. Let us know if there are any specific photos you would like to see.




No comments: