10/9/22

Tom Brennan - I Know It’s Sunday…



I know it’s Sunday…but can we, at the risk of being sacrilegious on the Lord’s Day, kick some Padre butt and forcibly toss them out of our house and onto the team bus? 

We got a championship to win, and if that means humiliating house pesky Padre guests, so be it.

19 times on base last night…Lindor, Pete, (let’s go) Brandon, and Jeff coming up big…can the Mets be less considerate and boost that to 20 or 25 tonight?

Jake and the pitchers were TOUGH, although Sir Adam needs to control that enormously wicked slider more like he has all year, to avoid late drama.

Let’s give Edwin Diaz and Otto the night off and win this game by double digits.  A Francisco Alvarez pinch hit bomb would be nice, too.

SAY A PRAYER…AND LGM.

By the way, I read this in the NY Post today - let the boo-er beware:

“When I got traded over here it was like, ‘OK, here we go,’ ” Bassitt said. “The reason I say that, there isn’t a harder city in our country to play a sport. New York is an absolute gauntlet every night.

“I kind of thought I was mentally tough enough to handle New York, but I am very grateful to be playing for a team like the Mets, just because I have kind of proven to myself, ‘OK, you can handle it. You can handle the scrutiny. You can handle the boos. You can handle all that stuff.’ … I’m thankful for that. Mentally, it’s toughened me up a lot, handling stuff.”

Bassitt said the differences between Oakland and New York are “night and day” in terms of the pressure.

“I’ve learned, especially this year,” he said, “where there’s sometimes negativity and stuff like that throughout … we lose two or three games and, ‘Holy crap, the world is burning down.’ ”

4 comments:

D J said...

Tom,
This should be our night. LGM!

Mike Freire said...

Bassitt started two games against SD this year, a 13-2 loss on the road and a 2-1 loss at home. He got shelled in SD (obviously) and pitched 5 scoreless innings (no decision due to no run support) at home.

The Padres starter (Musgrove) only faced us once (Citi Field) in a loss and got knocked around a bit. Bassitt and Musgrove didn’t actually face each other in the same game.

What does it mean?

If we get the good Bassitt and the bats show up, we might pull this one out!?!

Tom Brennan said...

Just win. Season cannot end this abruptly.

Anonymous said...

Relax,at least that stiff DeGrom won’t out there.