8/16/24

MACK - Yesterday's Game

 This was a horrible, horrible loss.

It's one thing to walk this many batters but to pinch hit a cold catcher for a hot second baseman that hits lefties as well as rightness, in unconscionable. 

All this after having a 5-0 lead, at home, against a bad team.

I have reached the point that I no longer think this manager can steer a leaking boat to port.

I've been a Mets fan since 1962.

I have written about them in some form since 2001.

This is getting tough.

4 comments:

D J said...

Mack,
I have been a teenage fan since 1969. Yes, this is very rough.
Can you elaborate on the changes you said yesterday about the removal of the Mets scouts?

Mack Ade said...

Fired -

Steve Barnington - Director of Intl Scouting

Amatater scouts Joe Raccula, Nelson Mompierre, Rich Morales, Mike Ledna, Joe Oliver

John Hendricks - Intl supervisor of pitcher development

Tony DeFrancesco - Pro Scout and ex-AAA Las Vegas manaer

Rudy Terrasa - Director of Amateur Scouting 2006-2010

Ash Lawson -

TexasGusCC said...

I didn’t understand that move either but I read in The Athletic something about McNeil got hurt. Don’t know what and will try to find it.

Rds 900. said...

Once again poor bullpen management resulted in a loss. Mendoza may turn out to be a good manager but he's not there yet.