12/7/10

You Talkin To Me?

I mean, I'm only one on dis blog...
Listen, bubala...
1. I never said I want the Mets to be the Yankees. I simply want the Mets operate like a major city team, or feel free to move to South Florida.
2. My "dream team" of Lee, Grienke, etc. was an example of how an increased payroll spent correctly, can create a fan base of 500,000 more people going through the turnstiles.
3. I never mentioned the brand...  all the monies I discussed were simply the cost of one day at park by 500,000 more fans...  200,000 of which could be obtained just by a decent run through the playoffs.
4.  this is simply Business 101...  if 500,000 new people go to your ballpark in one season, and spend $200 each on your product, you gross an additional $100,000,000. That's one with eight zeroes...
5. I don't give a ratatouille whether this is responsible or irresponsible. Give me a 100mil gross, take out your costs, and trust me, I did good.

David, I love, man... I really do... but you've been fermenting out on the left coast a little too long...

No comments: