12/24/10

Cutnpaste: - K.C. Frenchy, Mets Off-Season, Francisco Rodriguez, Aderlin Rodriguez, and Cory Vaughn

K.C. Frenchy:

“I am extremely excited about my new opportunity with the Royals. I want to give thanks to Dayton Moore and the Royals for giving me the opportunity to continue the path I wanted to follow. I am excited that I will once again be the everyday Right Fielder, and I plan to have my best year in 2011. I know there were other offers out there, and I know some of you might have felt those offers were more appealing. However, I know what I am capable of and this is where I need to be in order to show that. I turn 27 next month, and I plan on having a long career in baseball. I look forward to the spring and getting acquainted with all my new teammates and coaches.” - .jefffrancoeur.com  



Mets Off-Season:

It’s not like the Mets are sitting on a $60 million payroll and refuse to spend money. Chass notes in the article that New York will spend around $140 million in 2011 on the players. Where does he expect the money to come from? Alderson’s job this year will be to try to stay competitive while he prepares to make the team good from 2012 on as money frees up at the end of the year. The whole point of the column seems to be to blast Jeff Wilpon. Murray should do just that, rather than trying to criticize the Mets front office for taking the logical course of action. - baseballmusings  



Francisco Rodriguez:

This might seem like too high of a ranking, but I have a plan for what the Mets should do to keep the least-endearing-player’s doomsday option from vesting for 2012. Here it goes: The Mets use Rodriguez as their closer from April to June. Then, come July, they trade Rodriguez — in exchange for a middling pitching prospect — to a contending team with an established but perhaps shaky closer. The Mets also pay half of Rodriguez’ remaining salary in 2011. The team acquiring Rodriguez receives a top setup man and insurance for their closer, but doesn’t have to use Rodriguez to finish games, keeping his nightmare option from vesting. Additionally, Rodriguez’ new team can offer him arbitration after 2011, possibly netting draft picks. The Mets receive a warm body and save $20.5 million between 2011 and 2012. The only limiting factor is Rodriguez’ limited no-trade clause (ten teams) in his contract. Well, that and the rage issues. - patrickfloodblog.  



Aderlin Rodriguez:

3B, Rookie/Low-A, .312/.352/.556 in 267 PA - This is Rodriguez’ line in the Appalachian League. He got a late call-up to the SAL, where he played in eight games. While he is a year behind Puello, and with only eight games of full-season ball to his credit, Rodriguez is ranked higher due to greater power production and potential, along with his chance to stick in the infield. Rodriguez bounced back from a wrist injury in 2009 to put up 13 HR in 250 ABs in the APPY, which ranked third in the league. - mets360.com  



Cory Vaughn:

The Good: Vaughn is a physical athlete with tantalizing tools. He has well above-average raw power, but is also a tick above-average runner. He's even a solid right fielder with a strong arm. The Bad: Scouts spent three years being frustrated with Vaughn's college showing, as he never lived up to expectations until he went to Brooklyn. There's still a significant amount of swing-and-miss in his game, and that will likely always be a part of him. He needs to improve his routes in the outfield and his baserunning, as his overall game has more rawness than most prospects his age. -

baseballprospectus  

No comments: