2/9/12

I May Be Wrong, But…


·        Joel Sherman tweeted that the Mets have “pretty much” stopped looking for an outsider to sign as a left-handed utility outfielder. That’s fine with me. There really is no one out there that can help this team in 2014 and using either Adam Loewen or Mike Baxter is, well, just fine. The tie-breaker to me is the local boy.



·        I reached out to Josh Satin to find out how his progress was in learning one of the corner outfield positions. Josh was candid, as usual:

I only played 8 games in the outfield in winter ball but I worked hard in the off season trying to learn how to play it. Not sure what the plan for spring training is. I'm just going in there willing to do anything to try and make the team or give myself the best opportunity to see significant time in the big leagues this season


Look, don’t forget about this guy. AAA doesn’t offer him anything anymore and he looks blocked at second (Reese Havens), short, (Jordany Valdespin), as well as the Bisons’ outfield. I won’t be surprised if his bat leads the way in spring training.



·        This is for those of you that have attempted to text me (my phone goes off all day). I don’t have the capability in my telephone plan to text. I know that doesn’t make sense but neither does having no medical insurance for an ailing wife. Please feel free to call me on the telephone anytime. I’d love to talk with you.





·        Take a minute and look at the right side column. I added the “best” of posts from the various writers we have here on MMs. Just place your arrow on the name, wait a few seconds until you see the name engage by showing it underlined, and click away.



·        My good buddy, Joe D., of MMO could use a few candles lit this weekend. He’s being operated on to remove some stuff. Nothing serious, but a prayer or two can’t hurt.




No comments: