3/18/10

"A Glove Of Their Own" Update



Minnie Torres Pays It Forward In the DR: With Help From Baseball’s Biggest Names.


Written by: Jay Ferraro on 26th February 2010
 
 
I don’t know how to thank Bob Salomon, the team from A Glove of their Own, and these very generous companies. Louisville Slugger gave the kids mini bats , Modell’s gave the kids baseball pants, shirts, and hats and made them feel like they were part of a team. Rawlings put baseballs into their hands which they repeatedly tossed into the air with excitement, and Upper Deck donated baseball cards which had the children in awe as they looked at pictures of their hometown heroes said Minnie. I don’t know how I could ever thank Bob and his team enough. There are no words to express the gratitude that both the children and I have experienced. I would like these companies to personally know that I was grateful and honored to deliver their donations. I was the lucky one who witnessed their eyes light up and I will never forget the words I heard one boy say, I hope you will be there someday to see me make it to the big leagues, I’m going to make it Minnie, I promise. Those words cause the tears I still experience now as I recall the raw desire and passion that little boy shared.”

http://www.baseballdigest.com/2010/02/26/minnie-torres-pays-it-forward-in-the-dr-with-help-from-basesballs-biggest-names/

No comments: