3/24/10

Mack's 25-man

So far, on "my" 25, I have 20 "no brainers":

SPs: (5)  Santana, Perez, Maine, Pelfrey, Niese

RP:  (4)   FelicianoRodriquez, Mejia, Nieve

IF:   (5)   Reyes, Wright, Castillo, Cora, Murphy

OF:  (4)  Bay, Mathews Jr.,  Pagan, Francoeur

C:  (2)    Barajas, Blanco

I still need:

either 3 or 4 - RPs  - from: Everts, Figueroa, Green, Igarashi, Misch, Parnell

 either 1 or 2 - Utility Players  - from: Jacobs, Tatis, Carter, Santos, Martinez, Tejada

The knee jerk reaction with this rotation would be to to keep 8 relief pitchers, but not me.  This team is going to need all the runs it can get.

I'm keeping the 0.00 ERA LHP  Pat Misch... Figueroa for long man... and Parnell for heat

Igarashi has options, and if Green or Everts do not, so be it.

This gives me two slots for the bench... and I'm picking both Carter and Jacobs for pure bat talent. They can also both play first base and both left and right field.

Martinez and Tejada need to mature at AAA, and wait for the phone to ring.

But that's just me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

boooo Mejia should not make the team

Hobie said...

This is the first time I have seen (out side of my own skull) Nieve mentioned as BP stock. I thin k that’s a real possibility.

I also conjure up an image of Figgy/Takahashi (you didn’t mention him) as a two-headed #5/LR duo used interchangeably. Add Parnell and then there’s one more RP slot.

My dark horse is that Carter comes north and NOT Murph (some 2B at Buffalo? And more AB’s to validate his new stance). Tatis & Jacobs on the bench until Beltran returns, then one of them goes.

Mack Ade said...

Hobie:

I'm going to answer this, in length, in my next postting of Q&A...

Mack