5/22/12

The Definition of Humor


Without knowing it, we defined ‘humor’ here yesterday on Mack’s Mets.

I put a pretty interesting post up, named ‘second base’. The problem was I included an avatar of two young ladies kissing, with one touching the other’s breast.

The comments were, in general, negative. One was disgusting. I tried to make light of it and two of my own writers came after me.

We all live in a politically correct world. The problem is I come from the era when people like Richard Pryor were considered funny, not insensitive.

I apologize and will refrain hitting those borders again.

Mack

4 comments:

Shankbone said...

Sensitive times Mack. I laughed and moved on. Don't know how Richard Pryor would get along in todays PC world.

Anonymous said...

its not really about the world being too PC. Theres plenty of edgy comedy out there..This is a mets site; not really the forum for that particular photo. Let guys like Richard Pryor come up with cute little boob metaphors--stick with writing about the mets.

Mack Ade said...

You are right.

I'll just write about the boobs in the Mets front office...

Shankbone said...

Its a little hard to let Richard Pryor come up with cute little metaphors these days...

How bout a Fresca?