5/30/12

Dirty Laundry




1.     Comments have begun to grow a little here. They haven’t in the past for a couple of reasons. One, most of the people that have steadily left comments have become writers here at Mack’s Mets. Their ability to write shines through their comments and I invite them in. Secondly, the unsophisticated  fans don’t find this place very friendly to their negative comments and childlike rants. I don’t even have skin left, so I either tell them to do something to themselves that’s physically impossible or just erase their diatribes. This is an adult Mets site for adult Mets fans.

2.     Draft time is just about upon us and you’re starting to see an increase of posts relating to that subject. I decide to post what I think the readers would love to know about, regardless whether it is original material or it comes from another professional writer. Some blogs think this is a race. I tend to think it’s a journey. In addition, I currently have no other writers on the site that adhere to a fixed schedule, so I can’t count on material coming in. We usually start our posts at 8am EST and post every two hours through midnight. That’s nine posts a day. I add in FLASH posts and some writers post their own when they feel like it. That’s what I feel is demanding of a real, newspaper like, web site. Any less and I would cease publishing at all.

3.     We’ve got a lot of fine writers here at MMs, but I want to tell you about one in particular. Art Scott occasionally writes here, under the handle of ‘The Behaviorist’. He’s one of the most intelligent Mets fans I have ever had the pleasure to talk to and I wish he would write more, but, he has a good excuse. You see, Art (don’t ever call him Arthur or Artie)I a 2-time MMA champ that went Black Ops and served his country well in places like Somalia and Bosnia. He’s in his 40s but spends 24/7/360 in his bed due to inoperable bullet fragments lodged in his… brain stem. And I thought I had problems. I talk to Art at least once a week and it’s hard to get him off the phone once we start talking Mets, but the pain always comes back which limits his ability to post. So, the next time you see a post from ‘The Behaviorist’, read it a couple of times. No one on earth puts more into expressing the Mets than Art.

4. The site is going great. We have the most 'independent hits' (void of reports from great sites like Metsblog) that we have ever had. The site grows when there is less drama here so I continue to curb my trap. I haven't completed my move to Port St. Lucie yet because I'm still waiting on confirmation of my press pass from the team there. Team officials must receive an approval from Jay Horvitz so,  it's a toss up right now.   Please talk up the site right now... we're hoping to become part of a national online sports network soon and I could use a bump in hits to secure that. Thanks.

Mack


6 comments:

Shankbone said...

I enjoy the Mets coverage and the draft coverage. Glad things are going well Mack!

Shank

PS I think the Mets would be wise to roll on Hawkins like in the minorleagueball mock.

Jonelf said...

Looking forward to meeting up with you when you get to South Florida.
All the best
Jon Elfenbein

Mack Ade said...

Shank:

everybody tells me Cecchini, but I truly believe theyy will go OF with the first pick

Jon:

1st dinner at Duffy's on me...

Stephen Guilbert said...

Cecchini has been the word for a couple weeks now. Two things:

1.) The Pirates or Padres could spring for him in the top 10. I would not be surprised to see that at all.

2.) Even if he is available, my guess one of Fried or Hawkins will as well and I just cannot see the Mets passing on either.

Mack Ade said...

I'm sticking with some cheap pick like a senior or Tom Murphy

Stephen Guilbert said...

If you do that and can sign the player for 1 million+ under slot, you have 100k for EACH of the other 11 picks we have rounds 1-10. We could go over slot at every position and have a really nicely rounded draft.

I wonder if any team will try this tactic.