5/18/12

Nach's Notes


I am trying something new to in order to offset my lack of posting here on the site. This site is an outlet for me to staying close to something I love dearly. Here is my First post in "Nach's Notes." 

 

I've never played professional baseball but I've been there. I've been in the same spot Ike has been, struggling, lost in the box, second and triple guessing myself, rifling balls right at people, and getting NOTHING to show for it. I've slammed my bats, helmets, cursed and screamed and questioned my abilities. It is one of the most difficult and trying times of any baseball player’s life. Baseball is a sport where you can do everything perfectly, you can sit back on a nasty bender, get it on the sweet spot, piss on the ball to the left side ( I'm a lefty) and the shortstop will be standing right there and you sulk all the way back to the dugout.  People often never realize how much failure there is in the game of baseball. If I mess up 7 out of 10 times in my job now, you can say goodbye. In baseball, you fail 7 out of 10 times and you're one of the best hitters in the game. At this point in time Ike is probably in no man's land, the time where you take TOO many pitches or you decide to be super-aggressive and jump on that first pitch cock shot. I truly believe that he will bail himself out of it but there will be plenty of struggles. Going 0-4 with four ropes that were pissed on all over the field is most certainly the worst feeling in the world. Doing everything well, but nothing to show for it, absolutely SUCKS. At this point, he probably wishes he could get 4 bloops over second base to get that swag back, lift that average and finally get to it... Hang in there Ike, I feel for ya.

Now that the All Star game is coming to NYC, I absolutely need to get to the home run derby. Just a random thought but how cool is it going to be standing on Shea Bridge watching Josh Hamilton launch bombs into that area? What about the fans raging on the Party City deck jumping on top of one another for those balls that barely get out? The place to be though, absolutely is gonna be the kids out in the outfield shagging balls. That's the place to be on All Star weekend. Sign me up for the gig any day.

So there seems to be some stellar plans in regards to straightening up the area around CitiField. The CitiField experience is certainly a solid one especially when you close the evening at McFaddens. If these plans go through and we see some serious development in that area, I hope that it includes developing an atmosphere like the surrounding areas at Yankee Stadium, Fenway and Wrigley. I think having a nice row of establishments around CitiField will go a long way to helping to develop a nice atmosphere. How about stopping off at "Wright's Watering Hole" pregame to meet up with some buddies before BP or stopping off at "Super Joe's" for a post-game party? Clearly I need some work on my names but the potential is there. Hopefully these plans come to fruition and the CitiField experience becomes that much of a better experience for all.

Finally, I am all for extending D-Wright for the next 5 years 115 mill with a club option for a sixth year. He has stepped up and become the leader we all expected him to be years ago when he came up as a rookie. He plays his ass off and has been fantastic, no doubt about it. I hope he can keep up his torrid pace and earn the pay check that is coming to him. Like I've said in the past, good ole' Freddy needs to step up and show the fans he is in it to win it..

Till next time folks..

1 comment:

Mack Ade said...

a star is born...

great post!