5/14/14

New To Mack's Mets Blog - Coverage of the 2014 Kingsport Mets

Hello Everyone!

My name is Mark Davis and I am glad to be apart of Mack's Mets for this upcoming season.  I have been actively following the Kingsport Mets (Kingsport, TN) since the 2000 season and have seen many of our players make it to the big show!  (Just last week the New York Mets had 4 starting players that got their start in Kingsport!)

The Kingsport Mets are a part of the ten team (two division) Appalachian Advanced Rookie League.  We are a short-season league with each regular season consisting of 68 games.  The top two teams from each division then advance to the playoffs.

The Kingsport Mets were Appalachian League Champions in 1988 and 1995.  Our 2013 team captured their first division championship in 17 years and was one strike away from advancing to the Appy League Championship Series.

This season gets underway June 19 when we start a 6 game home stand against the Danville Braves and Bluefield Blue Jays.

Please follow my Twitter page (@kmetsfan) and "like" my Kingsport Mets Facebook page for more up-to-date information on the team.

Our team's main site is:  www.kmets.com

If you would like to contact me personally my email is: kmetsfan@yahoo.com  

I also do live scoring, tweeting, etc. during the games I attend.  On average, I attend about 50 games each season.

We hope to build on our 2013 successes and capture another division title this year and bring home our first championship in 19 years!

As always......GO METS!!!


1 comment:

Mack Ade said...

Welcome Mark.

We are thrilled to have such extensive coverage coming up from KIngsport.