7/11/21

Thoughts on RHP Kumar Rocker



 Mack - I never expected that, why I felt, was the top player in this draft... I never gor off of this... would fall to the Mets at 1.10.

Yes, he had a bad final game in the CWS and the second half od the 2021 season wasn't what the first half was, but the talent was always there.

One thing for sure... a draft under Steve Cohen woild never bring an under-slot first pick.

I see no reason not to get Rocker on his horse and have him finishing the season pitching for A-St. Lucie. This would set up a 2022 starting day with an A+ - Brooklyn assignment.


Anonymous scout-friend's thoughts - "He is a top of the TOR and the Mets got a steal. He could be in NY this year as a RP"




9 comments:

John From Albany said...

In this year as a relief pitcher - wow. An amazing pick!

John From Albany said...

Some think this makes it easier to trade JT Ginn. No way. Keep them all. Pitching prospects are a numbers game. Not all make it. Pitching very weak throughout the minor leagues...we need all the prospects

Mack Ade said...

we have 2 legit SP RED prospects before Megill and this draft... Ginn and Allan.

Who in their right mind would trade one of them just because we drafted one additional pitcher?

Hell, we need at least 3 more out of this draft.

Eddie from Corona said...

Love you thoughts Mack

Tom Brennan said...

Steal of the draft?

Testicular said...

I tend to agree, but Bryant is likely going to be a Met whether I like it or not.

TexasGusCC said...

Trade Szapucki for Bryant, or not even him? I don’t see the need for Bryant, I see the need for a team to not blow 5 run leads.

Charles said...

So after a full college season where he showed fatigue with his velo fluctuating by a wide margins, you’d ramp him back up after he’s just had a few weeks off to start pitching pro ball this year, Mack?

I think that’s foolish.

Remember1969 said...

I guess my thought is to use him the way they are bringing Ginn along.

I am not a fan of the Queens for the 2021 post season discussion, but feel like a couple 2 or 3 inning games at STL will tell them a lot. If he is tired, shut him down till spring, but if he is throwing well, push him along. I'd love to see a final start in Binghamton.

Remember that this guy is 6'4" 250 and 21 years old. He is not a small guy and should be able to handls the work. Every player goes through the ebbs and flows through the year. Let's see what he's got before the winter. I also suspect that he wants to show them (and himself) what he can do before spring training '22. as well.