2/25/09

Some Minors SP Developments

Adam Rubin/NYN reported that SP Tobi Stoner, who either was going to start the season in B-Town or Buffalo, has been "shut down" with shoulder discomfort. I talked a number of times with Tobi yesterday, but he didn't mention a thing. Seems he had a local MRI that did show nothing to get scared about, so I'm sure they are just playing it conservative.

Rubin also reported that it looks like Dillon Gee might start in Buffalo, which would fill the rotation slot left open with the Stoner move.

Also, Brad Holt is reported to be starting the season in Lucy, which is a little bit of a surprise for me. Rick Waits was working with him over at the "six-pack" two days ago, and I'm sure the Mets would rather him stay close by... and warm... while he continues to work on secondary pitches.

This really muddles up the Lucy rotation.

Lastly, I ran into Brant Rustich yesterday and he said he's feeling and playing great. I look for him also to start at Lucy this spring.


Mack

No comments: