2/23/09

Traditions - 2:43pm

had a chance to talk with minor league pitching coach Rick Waits, who was working with Brad Holt over at the minor league side... looks like he has defintely developed a secondary pitch, and it sure looked like quite the curveball

A few observations on the kids:

Marte - I'd say close to 6'2" - very athletic

Flores - more like 6'3

R Tejada - smaller than I expected, but as fast as advertised

F. Rena - absolutely no baby fat left... don't think he grew anymore so we'll keep him at 6'3"

Ike Davis - I didn't realize how tall he was - defintely looks like a player

Dock Doyle - another player I didn't expect to be as muscular and tall as he is... looks much stronger than Pena

Nieuwenhuis - very tall and very well built

Havens - looks for real, but only observed him tossing

the one thought I had when I saw Havens next to Davis and Campbell... they look like two wide receivers and one tight end (Campbell).

Mack

No comments: