6/14/09

The Future of... Management


It's hard to imagine Omar Minaya surviving after this year is completed.


Whether Mets fans want to believe it or not, this basically has been a .500 team since September 12, 2007:


9-12-07 - end of season: 5-12

2008 season: 89.73

so far this season: 32-29


Total: 126-114


I do give Jerry Manuel more credit than Minaya at this point, for at least keeping the boat above water. It's Minaya that stocked this team with old men, half-players, and an endless stream of AAAA players that has made them one of the most fearsome second plce teams in baseball (sic).


It's time to start over from the top, and though I don't have any idea who to hire (see, me and Wilpon do have something in common), it really doesn't matter to me who's in the office, rather than who isn't.


Thank you Omar. You've done a wonderful job of putting the Mets back on the map, but other than Beltran, Pedro, and Johan, everything seems to have come up short.


Regarding Manuel, that's the determination of the new boss.
Look, I was a General Manager for over 20 years in New York, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Austin, Hilton Head Island, Atlanta, Panama City, Myrtle Beach, and Savannah. I was hired for every one of those jobs, but I didn't leave all of them on my own. I was fired. And, I was fired because I didn't do the job as well as it should have been done.
Sure, I could tell you my product sucked, or my employees sucked, or my clients sucked... but the bottom line was I sucked because I was the General Manager and it was my job to "get it done."
It's time for a change (who said that?).
Mack

No comments: