6/26/09

Akron 3, B-Mets 1




Eric Brown is starting tonight.


Look, I’ve never met Eric Brown and I’m sure he’s a nice guy, and all that, but I’ve ranted about this in the past so here I go again.


Eric Brown has no chance of pitching in the starting rotation for the New York Mets. Ever. Nada. No mas.


That being said, and trust me, he will never make the Mets rotation, why in the hell do you keep pitching him for Buffalo?

Eric Brown has a 2009 ERA of 5.72, not to be confused with his 2008 AA ERA of 5.50, or his 2007 A+ ERA of 4.13. Do you notice it keeps going up?


This is the 5th year Brown is a Met. He is dead man Rule V walking.


Put Jake Ruckle back in the rotation and at least we’re pitching someone that has a chance of sticking around next year. Sure, the Mets would have to protect Ruckle, but there’s an outside chance Jake could run off ten wins, isn’t there?


Eric Brown is not going to run off ten wins.


(okay… now the game is on… )


Brown didn’t disappoint me, though this would be considered a good outing for him… 5.1 IP, 2 ER, 4-BB, 5.54.


Akron picked away for three runs and Binghamton got back one in the 8th on an Ike Davis single.

No comments: