10/4/10

Ode To Omar and Jerry

I liked both these guys.

Like most managers, they got off to a good start because ownership let them do what they do best.

They both are gentlemen and approached the game in a highly professional manner.

I never saw either one of them do anything in an unprofessional manner.

I know in my heart they did the best they could do, but I also know they were denied the opportunity to do everything they know.

I also know that, as long as the ownership direction doesn't change, these two changes were necessary.

I've managed in organizations like this. In the long run, managers don't win these battles.

I've worked for owners like this. They say they will change, but, in the long run, they won't.

I hope, and pray, that Omar's "new position" is a silent one. I would hate to see him embarassed in ST having to show up.

I believe that Jerry will manage again, and maybe, even in 2011. Players like playing for him, he handles the press well, and he does what he's told to do.

I hope that Mets fans aren't dancing in the halls today.

No comments: