10/26/10

Mack’s Baseball Stimulus Package

On January 1, 2011, Mack’s Baseball will be fully converted to its new internet home. This will involve a full platform conversion to Word Press, as well as new site management by Joe McDonald, founder of New York Sports Day (http://mofosports.net).



Joe and I have worked successfully in the past and it is his job to manage the site, oversee the advertising, and contribute content as well.



In addition, Mack’s Baseball will become a combination free and paid subscription site.



Features like “Cutnpaste”, "The Keepers",  and outside mock rankings will continue to be free to all who visit the site, but all original content, including “The Mack Report”, The Draft Report”, "Q&A Weekends",  and columns by both myself and contributing editors will only be available to paid subscribers.



The initial yearly fee beginning 1-1-2011 will be $29.00 per year.



As all of you know, I need to generate some income from my work. The donation process has been a failure and I find I must join the increasingly list of web sites that now charge for their hard work.



Generating 6-10 posts a day takes time. Generating most of them from original content takes a full day commitment. On an average, I work at Mack’s Baseball for seven hours a day, seven days a week, 52 weeks a year. That’s 2,548 hours of work for $29.00 a year, which translates into a little more than once cent per hour.



Folks, paid subscription sites will be the norm on the internet as they replace the old guard of printed newspaper. Change is always a negative at first. How could we ever live without a typewriter, a Betamax, and now, a Sony Walkman.



Too much hard work has gone into this site for it to ever go away. Oh, someday there won’t be a Mack anymore, but people like David Rubin, Wally Murphy, Teddy Dzubia, Derek Showerman, Jack Flynn, and Pete Spiewak stand ready to carry the torch.



I will be back in touch with you before the final conversion.



Mack

2 comments:

David Rubin said...

Mack- does that mean I can stop paying you $29 per month to WRITE here???? LOL
I think, all things considered, $29 per year is amazingly cheap especially in light of all the content and the expansion of the site in recent weeks!!

Mack Ade said...

I'm Mack... and I approve this message...