11/21/10

Sandy Ricadespa: - Can We Move On Now?




All right… so the Mets named a manager.

I was asked by a bunch of people what my take on all this is and I’m not sure I have one.

I am thrilled that a minor league guy makes it to the majors. That’s what I try and assist. But, was the right minor league guy chosen?

You regulars know I wanted a change at both the GM and manager position, and I was thrilled with the Sandy Alderson move, but I’m starting to have my fill with all these levels of aristocracy being created.

And, is the first manager under the troika I call Sandy Ricadespa really that important? Does anyone really think this guy is going to have any say in what goes on with this team?

I may be wrong, but it seems obvious that there are other factors in this choice. Melvin seemed to me to be the most qualified, but Backman would have sold the most tickets.

I’m going to go back to my draft and minor league stuff as soon as I’m done writing this post, and I’ll let David Rubin spin on this one, but nothing that has happened the last ten days has answered any of my questions. See, I write and follow baseball, particularly the New York Mets, and my questions remain:

1. Can and will Carlos Beltran play centerfield for the 2011 Mets?

2. Is both Jason Bay and Jose Reyes fully healed and, if not, why?

3. Are the Mets going to cut loose both Sean Green and John Maine?

4. Will the ultimate goal in the Pedro Feliciano arbitration be to get the draft picks?

5. Are they going to add any new flavors at the Shake Shack?

6. Is Pat Misch on the board to be added to the Mets bullpen in April?
7. Fine, keep Castillo, but could you please just dump Ollie?
 8. Will Jenrry Mejia enter the rotation out of camp, filling the void created with the Santana delay?

See… I didn’t even have 10 questions.

No comments: