11/19/11

Mack’s 25-man: UT Josh Satin



I still would be much more comfortable first having Nick Evans here, but I have to move on for now.

As we all know, Satin is another of those all-bat guys that just can't find a position to stick (I'm telling you... he's a decent second baseman). He can play both second and first, and is doing everything he can to learn the corner outfield positions as well.

He went to Kidnappland this fall to play in the outfield, but, he slumped badly and the owner of the team asked manager Tim Tuefel to cut fish. Not fair, but the Mets don't control the teams down there. In fact, no one controls anything down there, but that's a different post.

I happen to like this bat more than Daniel Murphy, though there aren't two other guys in the organization I would rather be up/on deck with one out and two on. Well, maybe Justin Turner would make three.

These are the kind of guys that created the fact that the 2011 Mets scored more runs than Philadelphia or Milwaukee. It reminds me of the old New York Knicks' "Minutemen".

And one more thing... one of the other minor league gurus decided to attack Josh this week because he's only a utility player. Is there something wrong with becoming a utility player for one of the 25 major league teams... in the world?

That’s 21… 4 to go... spellcheck and grammerchek used... I think

No comments: