2/5/18

Tom Brennan - DARKEST BEFORE THE DAWN

Tom Brennan - DARKEST BEFORE THE DAWN

That is how the saying goes...and one one week from today, someone will pull up the shade, dispel the darkness, and let the light of Mets' pitchers and catchers shine through.  
Let's hope, however, that whoever pulls up the shade goes through Mickey C's pre-shade-pulling stretching and massage prep so he doesn't miss half the season with an injury that some might consider...shady.

After all, when 2 of your key players miss many months tearing muscles just from throwing a pitch or swinging a bat, one can never be too careful when doing something strenuous like pulling up a shade.

SUPER BOWL OBSERVATIONS:
First NFL game I saw all year.

And.

It was a DOOZY.

While watching at the end,  I turned to two Mets fan cousins of mine and said that it was remarkable how much the game reminded me, excitement-wise, of the many Mets World Series championships we'd experienced together over the years.  They understood that I am occasionally delusional, so they immediately understood while summoning my orderly.
I wonder what Tim Tebow was thinking when the Philly QB, Nick Foles, who'd had almost retired and was a back up only playing due to injury, beat Brady Goliath with his sligshot. 
"All things are possible," no doubt.

4 comments:

Reese Kaplan said...

"They understood that I am occasionally delusional," is like saying a diet of pizza , fries and beer could sometimes be bad for you :)

Anonymous said...

You and every man living in the delusion of fractured human perspective, no less or more salubrious than pizza,fries and beer between rides on the 7 train.

Tom Brennan said...

I just got split pea soup for lunch - too late for pizza, fries and beer - consider me salubried.

Eagles are a rare sighting, BTW - when I golf - which thankfully is not often.

Tom Brennan said...

The market has had a very dark two days...wonder when DAWN is coming?