6/10/19

2019 Draft - Mets Pick 38.1138 - 1B Casey Slattery - Glendale College




With the 1138th pick (38th round) in the 2019 draft, the Mets picked: 


JUCO 1B, Casey Slattery, from Glendale College.


2019 stats:   166-AB, .325 (led team)/.391/.542, 8-HR, 45-RBI

LA Times - Teammate Casey Slattery. a freshman infielder, was taken in the 38th round (1,138 overall) by the New York Mets.

Slattery, a Harvard-Westlake High product, hit .325 (54 for 166) with a team-best 45 runs batted in after spending last season at the University of California as a redshirt freshman. He contributed 38 runs, 12 doubles and eight triples to receive second-team accolades and earned a gold glove.

“It’s been a cool day,” Slattery said. “First of all, I’m very happy for Kevin and I’d like to see other players from our team some day get drafted.

“I was following the draft online on the tracker and really started to follow it from about the 35th round on to see if I might be picked. 

I went to Facebook for about five minutes and then I came back to the tracker and saw that I was picked by the Mets. I’ll look over all of my options. I’m not in any rush to make any decisions.”




No comments: